“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”
“A riot is the language of the unheard.”
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
– Martin Luther King Jr.
These are challenging times, and they become more so every day. The Death of George Floyd has set off a series of events that have led to protests, violence and civil unrest throughout the world.
As an attorney it is my job to fight injustice anyway I can. It is a sad yet true fact that racism still exists throughout the world and I want to do what I can to assist.
It is easy to go about our lives and forget that racism is experienced all over the world. Sadly, it takes moments of crisis to bring people together to fight against injustices.
At our firm we have discussed what is the best way to demonstrate our support for the African American Community and people of color. We wanted to prioritize actions over words.
Remember it starts with EDUCATION! Educating anyone who is willing to listen that racism, segregation and social inequality are UNACCEPTABLE! No one should be mistreated because of the color of their Skin, Race, Gender, Disability, Culture, or Religion. Below are ways you can help Black Lives Matter and support our African American brothers and sisters.
1. Donating To Non-Profits: We are going to be donating to multiple organizations that are listed below. We have also shared a link which allows you to donate to many great organizations all at once, or you can choose specifically which organizations you want to donate to.
2. Spreading the Word: For every time the video in this email is shared on social media we will donate an additional $25 to organizations that support Black Lives Matter! Up to $2500. These are my selections to donate to. It Doesn’t mean they’re the best or the only ones.
This link splits donations between the following organizations:
- Black Lives Matter Global Network
- National Bail Out
- Know Your Rights Camp
- Black Voters Matter Fund
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- The National Police Accountability Project
- Color of Change Education Fund
- Unicorn Riot
- Campaign Zero
- Advancement Project
- Higher Heights for America
- Fair Fight Action
3. Zero Tolerance Policy: We will continue to enforce a zero tolerance policy for discrimination in our firm. Also, if you know anyone who has been Discriminated against in the workplace or during a protest we will give FREE consultations to help them anyway we can!
4. Support African American Businesses: It is important to support the African American Businesses during this difficult time.
EAT FOOD FROM
Download this app to browse + support black-owned eateries in your community.