The newest leaders in the transportation service industry are Uber and Lyft. They are known for providing convenient and anticipated safe rides done for a reasonable fee. There are additional challenges for anyone who suffers an injury involving a vehicle used for ridesharing. Our personal injury attorney in Newport Beach
knows how to handle these types of accidents.
1. Accident Role Is Important
Lyft accident lawyers Newport Beach know a person’s role in a ridesharing accident will influence the claim process. What an insurance company will cover depends on the Lyft or Uber vehicles as well as the possibility of allegations and disputes concerning accident liability and fault. Uber accident lawyers Newport Beach know how to determine a person’s role in an accident.
- A paying-passenger in a Lyft or Uber ride is usually not considered to be at fault unless it can be proven they did something to cause the accident.
- The driver of the Lyft or Uber could be held responsible for causing an accident, another driver could be at fault, they could also both be held partly responsible for the accident.
- A driver in another vehicle believes an accident is the entire fault of the Lyft or Uber driver. Lyft accident lawyers Newport Beach may argue the other driver was completely responsible for the accident.
2. Insurance Coverage Varies
A personal injury attorney Newport Beach can help accident victims with damages, but there must be sufficient insurance coverage.
- A person who was a Lyft or Uber passenger during an accident could be covered by a rideshare commercial insurance policy.
- Drivers could be covered by a Lyft or Uber insurance policy if they were transporting passengers during the time of the collision, and it was caused by another driver. A driver could be covered by the rideshare underinsured/uninsured coverage, the driver’s personal insurance, PIP coverage, or coverage provided by Lyft or Uber.
- Coverage could also depend on what the Lyft or Uber driver was doing at the time of the accident. If they were available on the app or not using it and more.
3. Low-Value Quick Settlements
Insurance companies work hard to minimize payouts to victims. They want to settle a claim for as little as possible. Accepting any settlement without knowing the real value of a claim can be a big mistake. Uber and Lyft accident lawyers Newport Beach know what is a fair settlement.
4. Legal Representation
Individuals focused on recovering from injuries need to have their rights protected. Having an Uber and Lyft accident lawyers Newport Beach work on their behalf will make all the difference. These injury attorneys will know how to communicate with insurance companies, do necessary investigations, determine liability, fault, and navigate the entire claims process, and more.
5. Value Of A Case
Lyft and Uber accident victims often ask about the value of their case. The answer will depend on the details of the accident. Accident victims should learn how their rights can be protected, and the options available to obtain fair compensation. Ridesharing accident attorneys Newport Beach know the value of any insurance claim.
Anyone who has been involved in an accident involving a Lyft or Uber vehicle needs to speak with ridesharing accident attorneys Newport Beach about their situation. They can learn about what amount of compensation their circumstances may involve. Uber accident lawyers Newport Beach will know how to obtain the best possible outcome for any accident victim.