Wrongful Death Lawyer in Newport Beach
Are you ready to file a wrongful death claim on behalf of a loved one? Our firm of experienced attorneys has a long history of winning wrongful death settlements for our clients.
What Are the Main Factors Used to Calculate a Settlement?
There are a number of factors that come into play when attempting to calculate the precise amount of a wrongful death settlement. Some of the most common include the following:
- The age of the deceased individual
- The total earning capacity of the deceased individual
- The state of health the deceased individual was in at the time of their death
- The income the deceased individual was earning at the time of their demise
- The age of the dependents that the deceased person may have left behind
- The personal circumstances of any dependents the deceased may have left behind, including financial and personal stability
- The education and training level of the deceased individual
- Left over medical bills the deceased individual may have incurred
- Other expenses that the deceased individual may have incurred
- The total amount of funeral expenses for the deceased individual
The total value of the benefits that are lost with the death of the individual in question. These may include their health insurance, pension, and others.
The Total Amount of Damages Must Be Supported with Evidence
You can’t just make up a ballpark figure and expect to receive it. All of the above factors need to be precisely and convincingly calculated. You will need hard evidence to do so.
This is where the help of your wrongful death lawyer in Newport Beach will be invaluable. They can enlist the aid of experts, such as local economists and others, who can help you calculate the precise circumstances of the deceased individual in order to arrive at an amount that is right for your needs.
Contact Newport Beach Wrongful Death Attorneys for More Info
If you are ready to file your wrongful death claim, we are here to help you. We are the firm of expert Newport Beach wrongful death attorneys who will represent you through every stage of the process. Get in touch with us today to learn more about what a personal injury attorney in Newport Beach can do on your behalf.