Ridesharing Accident Attorneys Long Beach
If You Were Injured in an Uber or Lyft Accident, Only an Experienced Attorney Can Win You Compensation
Ridesharing apps have become extremely popular among younger people. If you don’t have a car or want a safe ride back from the bar when you’re under the influence, just a few taps on your phone will send a sober driver to your location.
While they’re very convenient, Uber and Lyft have actually been linked to a 2% increase in car accidents in recent years. Shockingly, 58 people died in Uber accidents from 2017 to 2018, and almost all of these deadly crashes occurred in urban areas. It’s hard to know how many serious Uber accidents did not result in death because Uber does not keep a solid record of non-fatal accidents.
When you see the above statistics, you realize that this app, intended to keep people safe, can actually lead to an accident. Accidents happen most often when drivers are distracted by conversations with passengers or when drivers are speeding because the passenger is in a rush.
Of people killed in rideshare car crashes, 21% were rideshare drivers, 21% were riders, and the remaining 58% were third parties, such as innocent pedestrians or bikers. Whether you were a rider, driver, or third party, ridesharing accident attorneys in Long Beach will ensure that you are compensated for your damages.
Damages are the pain and suffering that occur as a result of the accident. Common damages that an injury attorney in Long Beach will seek compensation for include:
- Property damage: If you were a rideshare driver, this can be your vehicle. If you were a passenger, this can be your personal items, like a laptop or camera, that were broken in the crash.
- Bodily injuries: Bodily injuries are the most common reason why people file claims. Common car crash injuries are broken bones, internal bleeding, rotator cuff injuries, spinal cord injuries, and even traumatic brain injuries. These damages are easy to quantify because all your personal injury lawyer has to do is present your medical bills as evidence to your injuries.
- Mental anguish: It’s not unusual to suffer PTSD after a car accident, and being scared to get in a vehicle makes your everyday life more difficult. In addition to PTSD, many accident victims feel depressed, anxious, and a loss of enjoyment from life.
- Lost wages: You won’t be able to work if you are injured and on a hospital bed. Because of this, the liable party will be charged for any wages you cannot make while you recover from your injuries.
- Loss of future income: If your injuries are long-lasting, your attorney can add up the number of wages you are not going to make in the future.
Rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft pump millions of dollars each year into professionals that try to shield them from lawsuits. Especially for their drivers, getting compensation is difficult.
Whether you were a driver who was injured in a rideshare crash or a pedestrian injured by flying debris, you should schedule a consultation with a personal injury law firm. Consultations with Accident Lawyers Firm are free, and we can tell you how much your settlement could be and how strong your case is.