A bus accident can cause more than physical harm by leaving you emotionally scarred by the incident. When an accident involving a bus happens, bus accident lawyers in Newport Beach will help with your lawsuit against the bus company. As a rider, it is important to always exercise caution when taking the bus to ensure your safety at all times. Newport Beach bus injury lawyers will have to confirm that you have followed all safety rules before compensation for injuries resulting from a bus accident can be sought. Before taking a bus, you should be familiar with the safety precautions for this mode of transportation.
How to Exercise Safety While Riding the Bus
As one of the most inexpensive ways to get around, the bus is used by many people to get many places. There are a number of rules that need to be followed to make this as safe as possible. These rules include:
- Refrain from running alongside the bus after it has left its stop. It is best to wait for the next one if it is driving away.
- For riders who have a bike, it is best to place your bike on the rack from the curb instead of the other side of the bus. This ensures that the driver sees you because they know where to expect you to be.
- Always make yourself noticeable to the bus driver. This means that you should avoid standing behind trees, poles, or any other object that can obstruct the driver from clearly seeing you.
- When you cross the street, only do so at the light when you are instructed to cross. It is very unsafe to cross in front of a bus that is not at the red light.
- You should also never cross the street between cars in front of a bus. This makes it difficult for a bus driver to see you and to be able to stop in time.
If you follow all of these rules and an accident still occurs, you are entitled to seek compensation. Bus accident attorneys in Newport Beach can prove that you have exercised caution and the bus driver’s actions caused a collision.
If you have been involved in an accident, you need a personal injury lawyer in Newport Beach on your side. Contact the Accident Lawyers Firm for a consultation to learn how we can help you.